1. Members shall conduct themselves in such a manner as to gain the respect and confidence of the patients, health care personnel, and community, as well as respecting the human dignity of each individual.
2. Members shall protect the patient's rights, including the right to privacy.
3. Members shall strive to achieve and maintain a high level of competency.
4. Members shall strive to improve their knowledge and skills by participating in educational and professional activities and sharing the benefits of their attainments with their colleagues.
5. Unethical and illegal professional activities shall be reported to the appropriate authorities.